Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I BELIEVE

I found this in the Chicken Soup for the Soul Cookbook.  I was actually looking for something else but I got sidetracked. That happens. LOL  So with Christmas around the corner and the seasonal insanity increasing I pass this along.

At Christmas time I believe the things that children do.

 

I believe with

 

English children that holly placed in windows will protect our homes from evil.

 

Swiss children that the touch edelweiss will charm a person with love.

 

Italian children that La Befuna is not and ugly doll but a good fairy who will gladden the hearts of all.

 

Greek children that coins hidden in freshly baked loaves of bread will bring good luck to anyone who finds them.

 

German children that the sight of Christmas tree will lessen hostility among adults.

 

Dutch children that the horse Sleipner will fly through the sky and fill the earth with joy.

 

Swedish children that Jultomte will come and deliver gifts to the poor as well as to the rich.

 

Finnish children that parties held on St. Stephen’s day will erase sorrow.

 

Danish children that the music of a band playing from a church tower will strengthen humankind.

 

Bulgarian children that the sparks from a Christmas log will create warmth in human souls.

 

American children that sending Christmas cards will build friendships.

 

And I believe with all children that there will be peace on earth.

 

By Daniel Roselle

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as children keep believing that there can be peace on Earth, there can be.

Anonymous said...

There will either be peace on earth, or there will be no earth...  Lisa  :-/

Anonymous said...

Loved this! :)

Anonymous said...

I read an article about salvaging kitchen disasters, such as burned bread, etc., and it led me to reflect on my own state of "overseasoning": too many presents to/from, too many groaning tables, too many lavish displays, too many plates/bags/tins of sweets, etc.  Your entry and looking out at the lights and stars late Christmas Eve after everyone was tucked in helped me find balance on focus on Christ and what's important.
I love sending Christmas cards and getting them, too.
*debbi*