Tuesday, December 26, 2006

MAKIN' OUT LIKE A BANDIT 2

Other Christmas gift from mom. Again, we actually picked it out together. I think it's fantastic. However, I got the feeling that outside of BIL#1 (brother in law), nobody else in the family has any idea why I would pick out either piece.

I have always loved wolves and some of the ancient Welsh saw the heron as symbol of the Creator. When I saw this plate I got a definite impression of someone or something saying "pick me, pick me." So I did. It was up near the ceiling in the shop, in an out of the way cornor. The pictue doesn't really do it justice, but it was love at first sight.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love herons, too. Glad that you can surround yourself with beauty.

Anonymous said...

cool!!!!  I really dig your taste in everything from plants to pictures and ideas!!

Russ

Anonymous said...

Now, you KNEW I would love the herons...  Very nice!  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

I think this one is my favorite.  I love herons, and summertime often finds me sitting at my living room window watching them poke around in the pond.

Anonymous said...

I have been checking in on you, but my computer has gotten soooo agonizingly sloooow (it's quite 'old' for a computer) that I read the text and then don't have time to let the photos load--I'm a charter member of the Christmas Overdoer Club and had too many tasks (tho' fun) going on until today.  Well, actually I'm doing a load of laundry while waiting for photos to load.  (Isn't the English language wondrously double-meaningful.)  
These suncatchers are drop-dead gorgeous.  I pick out my own presents, too.  I think a plate-holder with lamplight is a terrific idea.  
I got a card from a former colleague who now lives in Corvallis, teaches at WOU.  She loves Oregon and of course reading her letter brought thoughts of you.  Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Serendipity....someone called me today about a wounded blue heron...I went out to try to rescue it...seems it was not wounded...it was just lazy.  ROFL...flew away with no problem.