I got a kick out of Lisa's "things that bug her."
I think I'll spread mine out a little and do it in pairs.
High on the list of things that bug me. Reality commercials. I'm not a big fan of reality tv anyway and these commercials bug me no end. American Family Insurance has some real non-favorites. Ok, the little guy with the crewcut seems nice enough but is that a good enough argument for changing my insurance? I really don't care how he grooms his crewcut or what kind of cars he buys. I'm more likely to listen to the co-worker who contacted this company for a quote when she bought her house. Apparently they had all the business they need becuase they couldn't be bothered to call her back until she'd called them several times.
Things that I really, really like.
Pussycats. 'Nuff said.
My brother in law had this posted in his classroom.
The Rules of Combat
1. If the enemy is in range, so are you.
2. Incoming fire has the right of way.
3. Don’t look conspicuous: it draws fire.
4. The easy way is always mined.
5. Try to look unimportant; they may be low on ammo.
6. Professionals are predictable; it’s the amateurs that are dangerous.
7. The enemy invariably attacks on one of two occasions.
When you’re ready for them.
When you’re not ready for them.
8. Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.
9. If you can’t remember, the claymore is pointed at you.
10. If your attack is going well, you have walked into an ambush.
11. Don’t draw fire; it irritates the people around you.
12. The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.
13. When the pin is pulled. Mr. Grenade is not our friend.
14. If it’s stupid but works, it isn’t stupid,
15. When in doubt empty the magazine.
16. Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you.
17. Anything you do can get you shot. Including doing nothing.
18. Make it too tough for the enemy to get in and you can’t get out.
19. Mines are equal opportunity weapons.
20. A Purple Heart just proves that that you were;
Smart enough to think of a plan
Stupid enough to try it
And, lucky enough to survive.
21. Don’t be the first, don’t be the last, and don’t ever volunteer to do anything.
22. The quartermaster has only two sizes: too large and too small.
23. Five second fuses only last three seconds.
From Heller’s Funnies Index.
And not on this list but a favorite of mine. When you find yourself in a hole. STOP DIGGING
2 days ago