Friday, June 9, 2006

BREAKFAST ON THE WING

I drive through a rural stretch on my way to work. There's a small pond by the highway that's kept well stocked with fish and is very popular with the ground bound fish lovers.

I saw a winged fisher catcher this morning. An osprey flew over my car, breakfast clutched in its talons. Looked like a good eight to ten inches. The fish that is. Looked like the bird was headed for the small trees on the other sides of the road. Didn't have my camera and couldn't have gotten the shot anyway. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat!  Lisa  -]

Anonymous said...

That would be wild to see!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's awesome.  SOOOO much better than me watching other drivers with Starbucks and McMuffins clutched in their talons on my way to work!
*debbi*

Anonymous said...

The nature in your part of the world is so much more fascinating than in my little spot here in the midwest.  All we have are squirrels, rabbits, chipmunks and a wide assortment of noisy birds.

HUGZ,
Russ  (XOXOXO)