Sunday, July 16, 2006

BUTTERFLY IN THE LAVENDER

These pictures were taken last summer, but we had four of these little charmers in the yard last weekend. I have no idea what they're called, but it's fun to find them in the yard.

Actually, I think we had two pairs, so we'll se what we end up with next summer.

I think I was pretty lucky to get these shots. I think I need to charge up my video camera. The bees really move too fast to get good still shots. By the time I hae the 35mm focussed the speedy little critters have moved someplace else.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it, but I hate those "cabbage white" butterflies.  They are the source of the "green eaters"--the green caterpillars that chew up my geraniums and petunias every year.  Though I would never kill a butterfly, I do tend to try to shoo them away whenever I see them near my flowers... :(  Lisa  :-]