Saturday, September 30, 2006

TO BOTH PARTIES

Read this article first. Rant doesn't begin to describe how I'm feeling right now. Call it the case of the straw and the camel.

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/gop-leaders-learned-of-foley-e-mails-in/20060929145509990001?cid=2194

To both parties. I've been watching my DVD's of Victory at Sea this afternoon and remembering certain World at War episodes.

Did the troops, American and Allied, in WWII and Korea go into the meat grinders of North Africa, Sicily, Italy, France, the merchant marine Atlantic convoys, Coral Sea, Guadalcanal, Tarawa, the Philippines, Iwo, the air war over Europe, D-Day and a hundred other battlefields so we could come to this?

I'm including the abomination that congress just passed and the misbegotten mental midget in the White House will sign. As far as I'm concerned we've just slapped the faces of every Allied soldier who died on the battlefield and every POW who died in atrocities places like Mathausen and Malmedy.

If we have an earthquake in Kansas or Missouri it'll be Ike and Harry spinning in their graves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And people wonder why I am still walking my son to school.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that our congress is still in the grips of 9/11-fever.  It is truly unbelievable what hideous  shit congress will pass in an election year.  I'm convinced this country has no idea what it is anymore.  Or rather, what it is supposed to be.  Lisa  :-[