Sunday, February 18, 2007

DOPEY ON DAYQUILL

I've been lucky the last couple of years. Haven't had the flu. Barely had any colds. Just the I'm kinda tired and a little stuffy symptoms. Luck ran out last week. There's been a nasty little virus making the rounds at work. There's even been some schools up north closing down because they had so many people out.

Funny thing is, it doesn't start out that bad. At least not for me. Tired, a little stuffy, a little croaky. Got up Tuesday morning and my first real hint that things were so not good was looking a breakfast and thinking "I really don't want to eat this." Got some of it down and followed it with a half dose of Dayquill. This is the daytime stuff, not the the knock you out with cold medicine plus alcohol stuff. About ten minutes later I was holding down the recliner, going "IIIIIIIIIIIIII feeeeeeeeeeeeeeel loooooooooooopy." That was it. I was down for the count. Missed two days of work and went home early on Thursday. At least I was able to dig out my desk. Begged a ride from mom Thursday and Friday so I wouldn't have to make the three block walk in from the employee lot. She met me Friday afternoon with a set sneezes. Luckily Saturday was the worst day for her and I was cheerful enough to look after her for a change.

Have some things to catch up with but at least my brain is back up to about 3/4 speed. I really hate this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!  I'm sorry you got "bit".  Rest up and eat well.  I'll send healing vibes your way.

Russ

Anonymous said...

Wow...you really got it, didn't ya?  

Take care of yourself.  These things can be serous for us "old people..."  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

Ooh, bad flu! It seems to be going around the whole country right now. I took some DayQuil this morning because I seem to be getting all stuffed up and tired. I hope it isn't going to turn into what you had. Glad you are back to 3/4 brain power...the rest will be back soon.--Take care, Cin

Anonymous said...

We had it too. Apparently they are closing down schools. I go for the Nyquill, myself, and sleep all day so I won't notice the green snot.  Yuck!