Tuesday, January 18, 2005

COWS, THE CONSTITUTION AND THE TEN COMMANDMENTS

A co-worker e-mailed me this the other day.

COWS:
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that the United States government can track a cow born nearly three years ago in Canada, right to the stall where she sleeps in the state of Washington.  And then track her calves right to to their current stalls.  But they are unable to locate 11 Million illegal aliens wandering around our country.  Maybe we should give each one a cow.

Note from me: If we could find them to give them cows, we wouldn't need the cows.

THE CONSTITUTION:
They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq.  Why don't we just give them ours?  It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it's worked for over 200 years and we're not using it anymore.

Note from me: We're using it, we just don't want to apply it to everybody.

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS:
The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a Courthouse?  You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians!  It creates a hostile work environment.

Note from me: I have this picture in my mind of Moses right after he's explained what's on those big pieces of stone. There's a silence, and then everybody starts talking at once: "What exactly to you mean by"-fill in the commandment of your choice.

We're switching computer programs for the dealership and I was pretty bombed mentally when I read this. I think some of my co-workers were wondering what I'd been sniffing over lunch. LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

<But they are unable to locate 11 Million illegal aliens wandering around our country.>
...or one diabetic Arab on dialysis wandering around the mountains of the middle east...  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

I like your comebacks.  I hate those stupid right wing e-mail forwards!

Anonymous said...

Note from me: If we could find them to give them cows, we wouldn't need the cows.

For the life of me, I do not know what you mean.  It is making my head hurt trying to figure it out.  Are you saying we only need cows to locate immigrants? I have no clue.

Okay, being the liberal I am, I must admit I just saw Moore's 9/11.  I must say he had an excellent point about how when the country was in a complete no flying stand down, the government flew out Bin Laden's family.  That is the most absurd thing in the world, unless of course, Bush is sleeping with them, which has been my speculation all along.  Can anyone really think Bush is not capable of knowing that 3000 would be killed and not care.  He has killed that many or more already.  I believe it.  I believe he needed a reason to be dictator of the world, so he allowed 9/11.  I hate him so much.  He is pure evil.