Wednesday, January 26, 2005

MID WINTER

Well, we're into winter in Western Oregon. Not many pictures to take. I was hoping for some shots of the early crocus this weekend. But, it was foggy the whole time. No sun, the crocus don't open. Oh, well.

As for the politics, the less said about politics, local and national the better.

As for the posies. Not much shakin' right now. As I said, we have a few crocus. There are doffodils, snowdrops, bluebells and the like showing foliage, but they're in no hurry. Blooming doesn't come with a rewind button, so why push it. We had a few warm days last week and birds were actually sounding off as I went to work. So far we've had several kinds of finches, chickadees, juncos and flickers. There is a wooded hill behind the house and that helps keep the birds around.

And the pussycats. It's winter. What can I say about cats and winter. They're a pair of lucky pussycats and have plenty of nice warm corners to curl up in and they take full advantage of the situation. If a warm lap makes an appearance so much the better. If they look really cute, the lap may actually stick around for awhile.  

We've been doing some clearing out. It's the old "let's pretend we're going to move" routine. Among the things we've unearthed is a large stash of yarn. I used to knit and crochet a lot. Then I discovered computers. Took me several days to locate my needles and other supplies. So if I don't show up in J-land quite so often. I'm a knittin'

Now, if I could just figure out how to type and knit at the same time. LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the "pretend we're moving" style of cleaning.  You really do get rid of lots of clutter.  Usually I do the "let's pretend I'm having a party" style of cleaning, which results in much stuff getting stored under the bed.