Wednesday, December 28, 2005

NUMBER CRUNCHING

I think I should clarify something. Yippee, somebody in the family may have signed the Declaration of Independence. There are some folks who get really puffed up about the sigining part. I'm just thrilled I can get a name from somebody that far back.

The thing is, you have to do the math. If there are ten generations between my birth and Mr. Hopkins, there's about five hundred other people involved. My reaction is not "I have an ancestor who did something really great." It's "what have I done to support what this person believed in."

There are times when I wish I could have a tea party with my DNA and find out where it's been and who it's been. :-)

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe that's what we get to do in the after-life....  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that last line!!  My ancestors were either grim Mennonite wheat farmers or Irish alcoholics....imagine what kind of party that would be!

Big hug,
Russ