I was searching the net for information on "smooring" (more on that in another entry) the old Celtic ritual of putting the fire to bed at night and came across a site that has both the Christian Carmina Gadelica paired with more traditional prayers or runes. The link to the site can hopefully be found here http://www.iit.edu/~phillips/personal/contents/carmind.html
Anyway, I really liked this one. Especially the part about following the ancient trackways.
RUNE OF THE WILD MAGIC (80)
- Give thou thine heart to the wild magic,
- To the Lord and the Lady of Nature,
- Beyond any consideration of this world.
- Do not covet large or small,
- Do not despise weakling or poor,
- Semblance of evil allow not near thee,
- Never give nor earn thou shame.
- The Ancient Harmonies are given thee,
- Understand them early and prove,
- Be one with the power of the elements,
- Put behind thee dishonour and lies.
- Be loyal to the Lord of the Wild Wood,
- Be true to the Lady of the Stars,
- Be true to thine own self besides,
- True to the magic of Nature above all else.
- Do not thou curse anyone,
- Lest thou threefold cursed shouldst be,
- And shouldst thou travel ocean and earth,
- Follow the very step of the ancient trackways.
This document copyright 1997 - Mike Nichols