Friday, November 4, 2005

EVENING PRAYER

And a rousing good CD it is too. David Arkenstone at his toe tapping best.

Just a little thought for the night.

I veil my soul in the blessing of Winter:
Blessing of truth on my breast,
Blessing of nature about my being,
Blessing of knowledge in my mind,
The blessing of peace upon all beings,
This night and every night,
This season and every season,
Three candles to bless my soul
    from broad daylight
         till dim of night.

On the Ship of Silence I am safely borne
     to the Shore of Wonder;
this Winter's night I seek the harbor of sleep.

Celtic Devotional by Caitlin Matthews

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful.

Anonymous said...

The Celts were so in tune with their natural world...and always seemed in harmony with it.  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

I have a little, tattered paperback of different meditations that I bought over a decade ago.  Your entry reminded me of one that's called "Find a Safe Harbor".  Basically -- you just relax and put your mind & thoughts on a boat.  You let the boat drift around on a calm sea until you find a safe place to dock.  You'll know it when you find it.  It might take awhile.  But it puts me out like I light when I get there.

I'm a childhood rape victim --- and I seek safety in order to feel content.  

xo,
Russ