Well I can save again. Tried reinsstalling AOL and downloading the latest vesrsion OF JAVA and yelled uncle. Got some help from AOL and I'm going to post what they sent me. The first suggestion got rid of the runtime error message and the second let me save again. So for what it's worth.
I understand that you are receiving a run time error message when you try to save a new journal entry on your PC.
Thank you for immediately bringing this matter to our attention and for giving me the chance to help you. I want to assure you that I will do my best to give you all the help you need.
A. DELETE TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES, COOKIES AND RESET ALL SETTINGS OF THE INTERNET EXPLORER INTO THE DEFAULT LEVEL.
??? 1. Please click START, select PROGRAMS or ALL PROGRAMS, then INTERNET EXPLORER.
??? 2. On the Internet Explorer menu bar, click TOOLS, then click INTERNET OPTIONS.
??? 3. At the General tab in the Temporary Internet Files section, click DELETE FILES. Put a check mark next to DELETE ALL OFFLINE CONTENT to select?? the option then click OK. Click DELETE COOKIES then click OK.
??? 4. Click the SECURITY tab. Click CUSTOM LEVEL then click RESET. Click YES then click OK. Click the DEFAULT LEVEL.
??? 5. Click the PROGRAMS tab. Click RESET WEB SETTINGS. Click YES. Click OK.
??? 6. Click the ADVANCED tab. Click RESTORE DEFAULTS, then click OK.
B. CLEAR THE WEB BROWSER CACHE AND UNINSTALL THE AOL? ADAPTER
A damaged Web browser cache and/or a damaged AOL Adapter may cause this issue. Windows? networking requires that a network adapter exist for any application that must access the Internet. The AOL software uses the AOL Adapter to access the Internet.
NOTE: Please make sure that the AOL software is closed before you follow the steps.
1. On the Windows? taskbar next to the clock, right-click the AOL icon, then click SYSTEM INFORMATION.
NOTE: If the AOL icon is not displayed, click the START button, select PROGRAMS or ALL PROGRAMS, select AMERICA ONLINE, then click AOL SYSTEM INFORMATION.
2. Click the UTILITIES tab.
3. Click the CLEAR BROWSER CACHE button until the CURRENT CACHE SIZE reads 0 KB, then click the UNINSTALL AOL ADAPTER or REBUILD AOL ADAPTER button.
4. Click the OK button.
5. Click the CLOSE button.
6. Restart the computer and launch the AOL software again. The AOL Adapter will be rebuilt automatically.
C. RUN WEB UTILITY
Webutil restores system settings to resolve connection and browsing problems. There are two ways to run this utility.
Using an AOL? CD
1. Insert an AOL? 9.0 or higher CD. If the AOL software starts to install, cancel the installation and return to the desktop.
2. Click the START button, then click MY COMPUTER. Alternately, click MY COMPUTER on the Desktop.
3. Right-click TRYAOL, then click EXPLORE.
4. Double-click the AOLTECH folder.
5. On the keyboard, hold the CTRL key, then click once to highlight both WEBUTIL.EXE and UNICOWS.DLL.
6. On the menu, click EDIT, then click COPY.
7. Right-click the DESKTOP, select NEW, then click FOLDER.
8. Type WEBUTIL to name the new folder, then tap the ENTER key on the keyboard.
9. Double-click the WEBUTIL folder.
10. Click EDIT, then click PASTE.
11. Double-click WEBUTIL.EXE.
12. Click the OK button.
Using AOL? Keyword
1. Go to AOL Keyword: Webutil.
2. Read the directions provided, then click the DOWNLOAD NOW button. The utility will automatically install.
3. Click the OK button when complete.
4. Restart your computer to allow all setting to take effect.
NOTE: You will not see any changes to your computer. When the computer restarts, the AOL software will start automatically. If prompted, click RESTART NOW.
I hope that I have sufficiently provided you with useful information about your inquiry.
If you have other concerns or questions regarding AOL, please do not hesitate to contact us in the future.
You can chat online with a technical support specialist by going to AOL Keyword: Live Help. My colleagues there are available 24 hours a day to assist you in a secure, one-on-one session.
If you prefer to be assisted via phone, you may call us at our toll-free number: 1-800-827-6364. Calling early in the day usually reduces the waiting time to speak to a consultant.
We are always ready to answer questions and do whatever we can to make your online experience even more enjoyable.
AOL Customer Care Consultant
AOL? Keyword: Help