Sunday, November 13, 2005

SUNDAY

Seem to have picked up some sort of bug. A general feeling of being "bleah" and not wanting to wander too far from the reading room. Either that or my system is not happy about the flu shot I had Thursday. Yuck. :-(

On a lighter note, we seem to have been adopted. There's a very sweet pussy cat that's been at our door for the last few days. Good appetite. Acts like it's not sure it's going to get to finish a meal. Friendly as all get out. Loves to have it's ears rubbed and purrs louder than Misty and that's saying something. Not too sure about coming in. We'll go at her speed. Can't take too long because we do not need kittens. She comes in, before the resident cats come in from the back room, looks around and heads for the door. Tabby point siamese markings and slightly cross eyed. First time in all the years we've lived here that we're run into this. We'll see how it goes. At least make sure it has food and a sheltered place to stay.It's definitely a newbie and low cat on the neighborhood totem pole. Either that or a couple of the others that hang around are absolute shits. (shoulders shrugging)

Managed to get some of my fan fic files transferred to the new 'putor. Finally figured the easiest method is just e-mail the darn things to myself. Out on one and in on the other. Saved all my photo discs to the new machine. Has a very slick program for that you just have to be sure to set up a folder before hand to save to. Letting them go to the desktop and then dragging them to the appropriate folder, forget that. With a folder for each batch, hopefullly it will narrow the search.

Oregon won. I've heard of Hail Mary passes, I think this was a Hail Mary field goal. Three pointer with four seconds left on the clock. Makes up for all the years they couldn't quite pull it together in the final quarter. But, really, both teams worked hard and we just lucked out. It came down to who was ahead when the game ended and it was the University of Oregon.

So, good luck for the coming week. Hope everything goes well for you all.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still torn about getting a flu shot.  I'll probably do it.

There's a stray cat in my neighborhood who likes to sleep on top of my car in the driveway.  She's skittish.  I don't need any more pets, but it breaks my heart to see an animal not getting proper care.  I leave food on the front porch at night which is always gone in the mornings.  There's a lot of critters around here who might have eaten it

Have a good week.

xo,
Russ

Anonymous said...

New kitty!  Goody!  Three is  a nice round number...

Sorry you are under the weather.  Could very well be the flu shot that's causing it.  I don't intend to get a flu shot.  I suppose, one of these days, I'll have to admit that I'm one of those "older people" who is at risk...  But not yet.

Since my old machine gave up talking to its CD burner, the email stuff to yourself this is pretty much the way I've gotten everything from here to there, too.  It works well enough.  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

Jackie,

I hope you're feeling better! I got that cold/virus/flue--whatever the hell it is that's going around and it knocked me for a loop. Get better soon!

dave

Anonymous said...

I hope you start to feel better. I dont know about the cat thing. Dre is always sitting food out for the stray cats and it drives me crazy.

Amy