Sunday, November 20, 2005

FOR SUNDAY


Spent some time this afternoon seeing what would work on the PC. My collection for pictures from the Northwest and The Hubble Telescope. This shot of a star cloud that's stellar nursary seemed to fit this piece if only because the colors are so magnificent.


I waken my soul at the harp of poets:


String of joy,


String of peace,


String of truth,


Resound in my heart, my soul, my mouth.


May your soul be preserved in harmony


From Winters day


To Winters night.



I don the Breastplate of Wisdom,


The nine jewels of the gifted ones:


Song of poetry,


Sustenance of reflection,


Strength of meditation,


Deepening of lore,


Response of research,


Replenishment of knowledge,


Illumination of intelligence,


Nurture of understanding,


Exaltation of wisdom.


The nine jewels of bards and druids


Shield and protect my soul


From scathe this Winters day.



Sustainer of Life, giver of Death


May I be held in your blessed balance


This Winters day.


From the Celtic Devotional by Caitlin Matthews


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!  I love that one.  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

The photograph and poem are both so beautiful.  I had to C & P the poem to a word file.  It's just too beautiful to trust to the ether.

Anonymous said...

I have a color copy of a similar star cloud pinned up in my office.  It humbles me and fills me with wonder at the same time.  I picture these kind of images when I meditate.  So beautiful.

Russ