Wednesday, November 30, 2005

PICTURES AND OTHER THINGS

Well, I see that they've inserted little disclaimer notices under the ads. That helps a little I guess. I haven't noticed anything too outrageous blessing me with its presence but on the other hand I usually go out of my way to ignore them. The most interesting thing I've noticed so far is something for a dating service, florists, and B of A ATMS.

The quest to post "my" pictures in my journal continues. At least it works for those great astronomy pictures. And they're the ones that really benefit from being in a larger format. If anyone has any good ideas I'd love to hear them. The weird thing is that some of the stuff that doesn't show up on my PC shows up on my Mac. Go figure. I can't post them that way from the Mac but I can see them. Bless the universe in it's endless quest to keep me from being bored.

Speaking of astronomy, I've probably used the Starry Night software more in the last two weeks than  have in the last year. Of course the recliner is much more comfortable than my desk and chair and the newbie is a laptop. I can reset the home location for just about anywhere in the world. I can look at the night sky my cousin sees from her home in Tauranga in New Zealand. Which I think is kind of neat, Or for the sky over say Ireland this time of year. You can set the software to run in real time and watch stars come out in your living room that you can't see through the rain outside. Or you can set it to advance faster and go through a whole night in about twenty minutes. The weather inside is not only drier but a little warmer.

So far there's snow above us and in all the passes but no snow down here. Since snow lost its appeal about two days after I got my driver's license it can stay up in the mountains, thank you very much. So wherever you are, may you be warm and dry and in the company of friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I started my love affair with astronomy at a very early age.  One August night when I was about 9ish, my ma, pa and I stretched out on these cheap patio lounge chairs and watched the Perseids(sp?) meteor shower.  So wonderful to see those brilliant streaks shoot through the sky.

Hug,
Russ